- Bill 124 capped wage increases for public sector workers at 1% annually for three years. We fought this union busting law and won. In November 2022 the courts ruled Bill 124 unconstitutional.
- OPSEU Local 576 and OCADFA have both been impacted by Bill 124’s 1% cap on our wages.
- Other universities have now moved ahead with compensation above 1%, but OCADU Admin says they’d rather wait until Doug Ford’s legal appeals are exhausted. This could take years.
We’re calling on OCADU Admin to recognize the unlawfulness of Bill 124 and negotiate fair wages now!
Read our Joint Statement: BILL 124 HAS BEEN RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL, OCAD U ADMINISTRATION NEEDS TO PAY FAIR WAGES
Have your say…
1. Share your thoughts here (comments are anonymous): How have OCADU wages affected you?
2. Follow us on Social Media and share our posts, or, create your own using these downloadable shareables and the hashtag #FairPayOCADU. Feel free to quote or use talking points from our joint statement. Don’t forget to tag us so we can boost your message!
“Ontario court strikes down wage-limiting law for public sector workers” – Toronto Star (Nov. 2022)