Job Posting: Temporary, Part-Time Membership Outreach Coordinator, OCAD Faculty Association (contract based)
Posted: March 15, 2020
Deadline: March 26, 2020
Position Title: Membership Outreach Coordinator
Position Type: Temporary Contract, Part-time (8 weeks, 5 hours/week)
Compensation: 40hrs at $40/hr plus 4% Vacation Pay
Workplace Environment: Union, OCAD Faculty Association
Workplace Location: Online (must have own computer and internet access)
Job Starts: Immediately
OCADFA represents about 600 full and part-time employees of OCAD University, including contract and permanent faculty, teaching assistants, research assistants, technicians and academic counsellors. We seek someone who can start immediately, with the primary goal of working closely with our executive committee and negotiations committee on a variety of initiatives related to workplace conditions of Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Research Assistants (RAs). Key initiatives involve member outreach and developing communication materials and tools for membership engagement.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this work must be done remotely.
- Experience working in the labour movement, preferably with specific application to the academic context.
- Lived experience as a Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant at OCADU
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including media relations and some very basic web organization.
- Ability to complete projects to specified deadlines and to communicate proactively about any problems that may delay completion as they emerge
- Experience with union education.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both collectively and independently.
- Run member survey of workplace conditions and experience.
- Assist in production and distribution of a ‘track your hours’ app.
- Provide advice to union executive.
- Develop an orientation handbook for Teaching Assistants/Research Assistants.
OCADFA encourages applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
OCADFA is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a work opportunity, accommodation which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner are available on request. Information related to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
To apply, submit a short cover letter and resume as a single .pdf file by 5:00 p.m., 26 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org titled with the following format: Surname_GivenName_MOC application.